It is such an honor to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Flourishing Mel. The Liebster Award is an award that bloggers give to other bloggers to help everyone discover new blogs. The nominees are asked to answer questions by the nominating blog as well as provide questions to the blogs they have nominated for the award.
This is fantastic because it encouraged me to do some blog searching and discover other blogs that pertain to my interests. As a new blogger, I am still getting into the swing of things by developing a rhythm. Also, I have not connected with any other blogs and this award has inspired me to be a more proactive and social blogger.
I’d like to give a special thanks to Flourishing Mel for this nomination. If you haven’t checked out Mel’s blog, you should spend some time on her site because it is truly one of my favorite blogs! Mel has a passion for fitness, traveling, and photography which is very evident on her blog. Two of my favorite things about Flourishing Mel’s blog is how she shares her traveling experiences and creates workout videos for her readers. She allows us to get a peak into the passions in her life and I always look forward to Mel’s posts! I love watching her flourish!
Questions from Flourishing Mel:
Why did you begin blogging?
- I began blogging because I have a passion for writing, inspiring, and communicating with people. I just love to express myself creatively through speaking and writing.
What is one word that you would use to describe yourself?
- Passionate. I put my heart and soul into everything that I do.
What is your favorite place that you’ve ever traveled to?
- Miami Beach, Florida. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon almost 4 years ago. It was so much fun to relax on the beach, enjoy amazing food, and embrace the atmosphere.
How do you relax?
- I do several things to relax that include exercising, writing, cooking, crafting, and visiting local state parks.
What are you most proud of in life?
- I am most proud of my little family. I am truly blessed with an amazing husband and a perfect little girl.
Who is your favorite musician/band?
- My favorite musician is the one and only Justin Timberlake. I seriously love all of his music and can’t wait for him to release more!
What hobbies do you enjoy?
- I enjoy cooking, gardening, exercising, writing, and crafting.
Who is your biggest inspiration?
- My biggest inspiration for almost a year now has been Kayla Itsines. She inspires me to challenge myself physically and mentally everyday to become the best version of myself. Kayla is such a positive person that is confident in who she is and what she believes in. She promotes a healthy lifestyle that allows you to feel confident and embrace healthy living by helping you love yourself and your body in new ways.
What is a book that you would recommend to others?
- I hate to admit it but it has been far too long since I’ve read a book for pleasure. Now, all I read are children’s books to my daughter. Instead, I can recommend a good children’s book to all the moms out there. My new favorite children’s books are the Duck & Goose books by Tad Hills. My daughter loves these books and I do too. They are wonderful board books that have a sense of sarcastic humor to them. You should check them out!
If you had to go on vacation and only bring a backpack, what essentials would you bring?
- Oh dear! Only a backpack? I am such an over packer! Haha Let’s see… I’d definitely bring my phone, cell charger, undies, bra, shirts, pants, dry shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, mascara, wash cloth, soap, socks, shoes, wallet, and that is honestly all that I’d have room for in my backpack.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about me from these questions! Here are a few blogs that I nominate for the Liebster Award and 10 questions for you to answer! To find out more information about the Liebster Award please click here.
- What inspired your blog name?
- What blog post of yours is your favorite and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is one thing you have always wanted to accomplish?
- Who motivates you?
- Where is your favorite place to visit?
- Name the last tv show or movie that you watched.
- What is your favorite time of the year?
- What makes you smile?
- Cali Girl Gets Fit
- TWO PEAS IN A BLOG
- Abigail Dreaming